March 1st Saturday
We got up around 9:00am. Sadly, we both felt sick now. I’d passed on my germs to Megan as well.
We showered and I packed up everything. We had some Lemsip to get through the day. Megan made a full Scottish breakfast for me! It included: square sausage, tomatoes, baked beans, bacon, a poached egg, fruit pudding, and a potato scone. Fruit pudding looked like a slice of sausage but tasted more like a dense fruit cake. It was all delicious and all tasted very Scottish. It reminded me of the Full English and Full Irish breakfasts I’d had.
It was finally a clear morning! This was extra exciting because we’d planned to drive up to one of the lochs. We’d looked into going to Loch Ness but the drive would have been around 4 hours. We decided that Loch Lomond would have to do. We got some directions online and made our plan. We packed all of my stuff into Megan’s trunk (or boot). Then we headed off on our day. We drove to a nearby grocery store and parked. We walked up the hill to Stirling Castle once again. It looked so much more impressive in the daylight. We got some pictures of it as well as more silly statue pictures.
We continued walking to the Old Stirling Jail. We didn’t go inside but we got some more fun pictures from the outside. After that we walked down the windy roads back to the car.
We drove southwest to Loch Lomond. The drive was about an hour long. I was beginning to nod off by the end of it. The beautiful weather started to change the more we drove on. The sky became cloudy and dark. By the time we reached Loch Lomond, it was raining heavily. We decided to try to brave it anyway. We parked the car next to the lake and got out. There was a rocky path that followed the coastline. We made our way along it for a while. There was water pooled in all the little rock holes. The sky and water were gray as the rain fell down on us. It would have been nice to see it in clear weather but the rainy weather gave it a different mood. I enjoyed myself.
After walking down the path and back for a while, we got back in the car and headed on our way. We drove into East Kilbride. This is where Megan’s parents live. We were going to stay the night here to make the very early drive to the airport the next day shorter. We pulled up and went inside. It looked very small from the front but it turned out to go back rather far. I got to meet Megan’s mom and dad. They were very nice. I had trouble understanding her dad sometimes because his accent is even thicker than Megan’s.
Megan and I both looked rather tired and sick. I ended up going to Megan’s room and taking a nap until around 7:00pm. I came back downstairs and had some more Lemsip medicine. I also met Megan’s brother. He was a joker and kind of reminded me of my brother in a way. He also was a younger brother who was bigger than his older sister. Megan’s mom made a nice dinner for everyone. We had beef curry with rice. There was also a big cheese tray set out. I tried some of the cheese.
We chatted for a while. Eventually, Megan and I went up to bed. Before we went to sleep she and I looked at our pictures from the trip. We loaded them onto her computer so that I wouldn’t have to send them all to her online.
The night was kind of rough. I still had a horrible cough. I felt bad because I probably woke up everyone in the house. We’d gone to bed around midnight and had to get up very early the next morning to fly out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment