February 29th Friday
I woke up on leap day at 8:45am still feeling sick. I had some yummy fruit and vanilla cereal for breakfast as well as a chocolate croissant. Megan also gave me some Lemsip with honey in it. It’s a powder you mix into hot water to help relieve flu symptoms. I pretty much had everything listed on the box. Megan also gave me some heavy duty vitamin C.
We walked to class again. It was raining and we got completely soaked. We sat through two lectures. One class was actually very interesting. The professor was discussing different elements needed to create a video game.
We went to lunch in one of the student restaurants. It threw me off to see a bar in the restaurant. We ended up sharing our lunches because we both wanted two different things. We shared some fish and chips as well as a tomato and goat cheese tart with coleslaw. I also had a diet Pepsi to drink. The food was actually pretty good.
After lunch we went to one of the computer labs. There I was able to check up on some emails. We headed to Megan’s last class of the day. It was a larger lecture. I entertained myself by drawing.
We left class and made our way through the rain toward the Wallace Monument. We made our way up the hill. As we went up the hill it proceeded to rain harder and get very windy. I felt like I was going to be blown off the hill. We made it up to the tower and looked around the gift shop. It was rather expensive. We talked about climbing the stairs in the tower but I felt like I was going to die at that point. We decided to just take some pictures of the view from here and climb down. We stopped at the statue and took some pictures with it. Then we walked home.
We were soaked when we got to the apartment. We put everything out to dry and changed clothes. We had some hot cocoa and some Lemsip to warms ourselves up. We went on the computer to try to plan the next day’s adventure.
Once we’d warmed up a bit, we donned our still slightly damp clothes to go to the Stirling Castle. It was night at this point. We drove up the cobbled streets toward the castle. Finally on the last hill, Megan’s car started complaining too much and we had to continue on foot. When we got to the top of the hill, it was pouring rain. We went up to the castle. I took some pictures of the walls but it was too dark to really see much. That’s why I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard a man’s deep voice yelling something from the castle doors. I thought I’d heard a ghost. I just hadn’t seen the man standing in the dark shadows near the castle.
We made our way back down the small hill to the car. When we got to the car, the rain was gone. The street was dry too. It appeared to only be raining on the castle. Quite strange.
After the castle we went to a large grocery store called Morrison’s to get some things for dinner. The Cadbury eggs were all out so I had to buy some. I love those things. We bought some different things and headed home to make dinner.
We made some salmon with jam and vegetables on it. We ate it with rice and drank wine. It turned out delicious. While we ate we watched a little television. I got to see an interesting episode of the British Wife Swap. Then we ended up watching the beginning of Resident Evil. I hadn’t seen it before and it freaked me out. Then at 11:15pm we realized that the pubs were going to close. I’d wanted to go to a Scottish pub and see a drunken Scottish man.
When we left the apartment, we walked through a dark courtyard. I was still pretty scared from the movie. Megan was able to scare me pretty well on the way. We found a pub that Megan had liked and sat down. I had a cranberry juice and Megan had another kind of fruit juice. The bartender was very nice. The bar had lots of younger people in it as well as an older group around the pool table. We watched them play pool for a while. Then Megan asked if any of them would play her in a game. The guy that was about our age said he’d take her. Megan was kind of rusty and the guy started winning pretty quickly. He went easier on her for a while. Megan told him to stop it and play normally. Then she proceeded to hit a bunch of balls into the pockets. The guy was kind of startled. He ended up accidentally hitting the 8 ball in and automatically losing. It was a shame. Megan was about to beat him herself on her turn. It was nice to see Megan return victorious to the table.
We made our way home and went to bed around 1:20am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment