Saturday, March 29, 2008

March 29th Saturday

I got up at 6:30am. I worked on my paper for a while. I had cereal with milk. I’d run out of milk so it was nice to have milk in my cereal again. I continued working on my paper and then made ham, cheese, mustard, and butter sandwiches. I ate them and then headed to the library around 12:00pm. I worked on my women paper and researched my other two.

I felt exhausted and went home around 5:00pm. I called my parents and then talked to them on Skype. For dinner, Adrienne and I had bowtie pasta with marinara sauce. I worked on my paper some more.

Matt was still in Paris and was scheduled to leave the next day so I met him for one last drink before he left. We met at 9:30pm outside my apartment. We took the metro and tried heading to Oberkampf. I was really confused and we had to change the metro lines a lot. Eventually we made it to Chez Justine. I had Matt decide on the wine and we each ordered a glass of the Côtes du Rhône Vallée. My first glass was from an already opened bottle so it tasted really strong. Then we had a second glass and it was much smoother. We talked and drank for a bit. I taught him some French swear words. Then we found an M&M advertisement on the table. It was a hologram card that changes pictures depending on which way you turn it. It was the yellow peanut M&M stripping off his shell. Very French. I also wanted to note that our bartender there was amazing. He remembered what I ordered so that I didn’t have to repeat it a second time and he was able to remember our tab without writing it down. I was impressed. I know our orders weren’t that complicated but for him to remember it with all the other people he was serving is very impressive.

I was pretty hungry so Matt and I went to the crêpe stand next door and split a nutella crêpe. We were able to catch the last metro home. We both had to take the 12 but in different directions. As I was transferring lines, there was a group of lost people that I tried to help but I didn’t know the area very well.

I got home and was getting ready for bed. It was all of a sudden 3:00am and I didn’t know where the past couple of hours went. I realized that the time on my computer had changed because it was daylight savings time. We lost an hour right before papers were due. I went to bed at 4:00am then (even though it felt like 3:00am to me).

No comments: