March 31st Monday
I woke up around 10:00am and pulled myself out of bed. I had had some really strange dreams and felt tired. I had some bread with butter and pear jam for breakfast. I also had some yogurt.
I went to the library and worked on papers until 1:00pm or so. I went to get some lunch and had a tuna baguette sandwich, an apple, some orange juice, and a Coke. I saw Alberto in the cafeteria and said hi to him briefly before heading back to the library.
I set back to work. Adrienne arrived at the library in the afternoon. We worked until about 7:00pm when the library kicked us out. We walked home and tried to buy a baguette on the way. The boulangerie was out of baguettes! It was a disaster! So instead of getting a baguette I bought a little chocolate fish. The next day was April 1st. In France they have little poissons d’avril (literally “April fish”). It just means the same thing as “April fools.” It’s what you yell after playing a trick on someone. The bakeries also had little chocolate fish you could buy so I did.
We went to the 8 à Huit for the baguette. For dinner we made spaghetti with meat sauce and accompanied it with bread.
I worked on my papers. They were due at noon the next day and I was having a panic attack about finishing them on time. I talked to my parents on Skype and freaked out to them. They tried to calm me down but I could tell that they were worried about me and my time limit.
I worked as hard as I could. It was interspersed with random freakouts. I kept worrying about getting it done on time. I worked late into the night and early into the morning. I did not go to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment