Saturday, March 15, 2008

March 15th Saturday

We got up around 11:00am. I did some computer stuff for the morning while I ate some cereal for breakfast. Adrienne and Karuna showered. I got dressed.

In the afternoon we headed to the Jardin de Luxembourg. It was a very big and pretty garden. We walked around there for a while and then continued onward. We ended up going to the Panthéon as well. We didn’t go inside. We just looked at the outside. It looked interesting. We continued on our walk to a bus station and we talked.

We found a bus and Adrienne and I took it to the stop near our apartment. Karuna continued on it to visit a friend. I did some research and reading for a while. For dinner we made chicken and beef basquaise with salad.

M. Choupin came by to collect rent for March. Sometimes we contact him to tell him we have rent and it takes a while for us to connect. We told him that our bathroom sink was running slow. He gave us some “draino” type liquid to put in there. We can’t use the sink for 24 hours.

After our visit I set to work on my papers again. I was beginning to stress out about the upcoming paper due date. I freaked out to Adrienne. I was really worried. I got to talk to my parents as well. They helped calm me down.

Even though I had so much work, I had planned to meet Karuna that night. I left to go toward Rue Cler. My mind was so full of so many thoughts that I absentmindedly took the wrong street and lost myself around the Seine for a few minutes. Then I realized what mistake I made and arrived at Rue Cler. I met up with Karuna and we went to the bar. I got to see Paul and properly meet Stan. Karuna and Stan had recently started dating. They helped me pick a drink and I ordered a Honey Berry Sour. We had an interesting conversation all in French.

Afterward, I walked home. I called my parents and had them call me back. I talked to them on my walk home. There was a guy that stopped when he saw me. He held out his thumb like he was hitch-hiking. Then when I ignored him he let out a little yip before walking on.

When I finally got home I talked to Adrienne a bit. I did some more research work and then went to bed around 3:00am.

No comments: