March 4th Tuesday
I woke up after 9:00am. The night had gone much better than the previous one and I was beginning to feel better. I still had a horrible cough but it had lessened.
I ate some cereal and got dressed. I checked my email before heading out. I went to the LMDE office to discuss my health insurance. I took the metro there and easily found the little office. There were two people working at desks helping clients. I only had a couple of guys in front of me in line so I was hoping it would go fast. There was a woman at one of the desks trying to explain something about trying to get her daughter health insurance. She was frustrated to the point of tears and was crying in front of everyone. I guess she was just sick of all the hoops that she had to jump through. I figure it wasn’t an insurance office without someone crying. Thankfully, the man who was helping her seemed very nice. He really did seem like he was doing all in his power to help the lady.
It took a long time before I finally was called up to one of the desks. The process was rather painless. I showed them my letters and receipt from Sciences Po saying that I had paid and subscribed to health insurance. They entered me into the system and got me registered. Then they gave me a membership form. They also gave me the reimbursement form that I could use if I needed to go to a doctor.
I finished and made my way back home on the metro. Once home I talked to my parents on the phone. Then I made a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. I hadn’t learned my lesson because the bread made me cough like the previous night’s sandwich had.
I tried to work on an assignment for class. I procrastinated a lot. I had discovered Eurovision which is a European song competition. I was able to see videos on Youtube of different songs. I liked the French version last year that was performed by Fatals Picards called “Amour à La Française.” Megan had shown it to me.
I read and researched. I talked to Megan online. She was really sick too. I felt really bad for getting her sick. March 2nd when I had left was Mother’s Day in the UK and she’d been sick.
I talked to my dad on Skype. I was able to work a bit more. I had some yogurt and honey before heading to bed around 2:00am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment