March 23rd Sunday
It was Easter! I got up at 10:00am. I’d gotten some good sleep and I felt amazing. Adrienne was already awake and in the kitchen. I was really excited to give her her basket. I put it under her blankets in her bed and went in the kitchen. I started washing some dishes and said “Oh, hi Adrienne. I thought you were still in bed. There’s a big lump in there and I thought it was you…. Maybe you should go check it out.” She went out and found the basket I’d hidden there.
I pulled mine out of hiding and we sat down excitedly to look through them. It was so much fun. It didn’t quite feel like Easter until I had that first piece of chocolate on my tongue. Chocolate before breakfast is always the best. I had some cereal mixed with yogurt for breakfast once we’d opened everything.
I showered and got ready. We wanted to go feed the ducks in the Tuileries. We took some old bread up there. We fed the ducks there and hoped that if my duck was still there that he’d gotten enough food. Then we walked through the Tuileries. On our way back home we found a bakery that was open. We bought some sandwiches and a nice baguette and walked home with them.
Once home I had my sandwich. It was a salmon sandwich with cream cheese. I put some capers on it to spruce it up. We also had a bit of soup. I worked on my paper a little bit.
I talked to my family on Skype. My brother was home so I got to talk to him for the first time since coming here. It was amusing because we turned on the webcam and Tyler kept moving there’s all over and pointing it at random things. He had a pretty big beard going. It was fun getting to wish them a happy Easter. We also talked to Karuna for a bit. She was working on papers and was stuck home alone in Madrid.
Then Heidi and her mom showed up. Amanda wasn’t too far behind. We set to making our special Easter dinner. We made a roasted chicken stuffed with onion and garlic. Amanda made some roasted potatoes as a side and I heated up some peas. It all turned out amazing. Amanda and Heidi had brought some cider to drink. It was the alcoholic and bubbly kind. When that was gone we had some white wine as well. Amanda made an amazing dessert. She made a tart that had a pie crust, a layer of melted chocolate, and then a layer of sliced pears. It was very delicious. I had two servings.
We talked for a while after dinner. Amanda and Heidi were very sweet and helped clean up some. They all had to leave eventually and we finished cleaning up. We went to bed close to 1:00am.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment