Friday, March 28, 2008

March 28th Friday

I got up at 10:30am. I had a breakfast of bread with butter and jam as well as some cheese crêpes. I researched online for my papers while I ate. After breakfast I got ready and headed to the library.

On the way there I stopped to get cash from the ATM. The dollar is awful. I only was able to withdraw €150 when at the beginning I could withdraw €200. I got to the library and realized that I forgot my computer charger. It was the second day in a row that I forgot something that I really needed. I was pissed. I didn’t want to go back home right away so I just worked the old fashioned way for a while. I sat there with my books and my spiral notebook and researched more quotes for my paper. I also wrote out some of what I wanted to say in it. I went to the other building and printed out my paper on one of the computers there so that I could see what I had so far. I tried calling Adrienne and emailing her to see if she was coming to the library. There was no answer from her.

I went to lunch with Katharina. The sandwiches were mostly gone because we were there so late. I had a ham and cheese sandwich and a bottle of water. I also had some leftover Coke and Reese’s Pieces that helped give me a jump. I went back to the library and worked for a bit. I decided to finally go get my charger from my house. I was still angry at myself. I walked so fast that I made it to the apartment and back in about 15 to 20 minutes. That’s the amount of time that it usually takes for me to walk one way. I startled Adrienne because I stormed into the apartment and grabbed my stuff.

I worked in the library until around 6:30pm. I collected some copies of various sources that I needed and then headed home. There, I made a grilled cheese for a snack. I worked on my papers some more.

Adrienne went to the store and came back in the meantime. We had soup for dinner with a baguette that we’d warmed up ourselves. It was fun putting a frozen baguette in the oven and then pulling out a hot fresh baguette. For dessert we finished the pear dessert that Amanda had made.

I worked on my paper some more and talked to my family on Skype. I worked on my paper again and eventually went to bed at 2:00am with 5,582 words under my belt.

No comments: