March 3rd Monday
Karuna woke up at 4:00am and went to the airport. Then around 6:00am I got a call from her saying that she got to the airport and found out that the flight that she booked was for Athens and not Madrid. She’d scheduled an afternoon flight back and then came back to the apartment to sleep in between.
It was a morning interrupted by phone calls. First Karuna called to say she’d be back. Then her boyfriend called her. Then our friend Alberto called me to see when we had class that week. I was eventually able to go to bed and sleep. I slept until 1:15pm. If I remember correctly, Karuna had gone again by this time and successfully caught her flight.
I ate some cereal for breakfast. I decided to take a bath to try to relax my body and soak out the sickness. My coughing had been so bad that Adrienne and Karuna were going to suggest that I see a doctor.
I had some chicken noodle soup for lunch. Adrienne got groceries. I was very thankful I didn’t have to go to the grocery store. I did go to the pharmacy to by Fervex. It’s the French version of Lemsip and has all the painkillers and other flu symptom relievers. It only turned out to be €6.
I tried to eat a peanut butter and nutella sandwich. It was torture because every bite I took, the bread made me cough. It took a long time to eat. I eventually crawled into bed before midnight (which is quite early for me).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment