Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March 19th Wednesday

I got up at 9:00am and had my chocolate granola cereal. We got ready and headed to our Padis class. It was our last class with him. It was kind of funny because he had picked a rather depressing article. It was about how French students often don’t have many opportunities in the future. It didn’t seem like the last class you’d want to have with a bunch of master’s students. It was kind of depressing.

After class I went to the cafeteria with Heidi and Amanda. I had a ham and butter sandwich with an apple and a bottle of water. While we were eating I showed Amanda the Flight of the Conchords video that Adrienne and I had made. I charged the battery in my computer and finished reading for Irondelle’s class.

We went to Irondelle’s class. Adrienne brought with her a slip from the mail that said that the post office had a package for me. Class went well. At the end I went online to check my email. Tyler began chatting with me and showed me some links to articles about him in the newspaper. There’s been a bit of a buzz since he decided to play football again with the CU Buffs. I also got some messages from Matt M. He’s a friend from Colorado who would be coming to Paris very soon. He was writing to see if I’d be free to hang out.

After class I convinced myself to go to the library and get some work done. I had almost talked myself out of it but I knew I had to go. I went and worked for a bit and looked at some new books.

I walked toward home and wondered if there was a power outage. There were police stationed at the main intersection that I passed on my way home. It appeared that only the stoplights were affected. I waited until they allowed the pedestrians to cross.

I went to Franprix after stopping by home. I got some yogurt and chicken nuggets as well as other groceries. I bought a baguette on my way back home. Once home, I set to making dinner.

I made some tube pasta. I took a four cheese sauce that I had and added capers, pepper, and some shredded emmental cheese. It turned out amazing. I made too much pasta so Adrienne took the extra.

I took a mini break after dinner and then set to work again. After 11:00pm I talked to my dad on Skype. Then I got ready for bed. I was in bed reading at 1:00am.

No comments: