March 17th Monday
It was St. Patrick’s Day! I got up at 9:30am. I had not slept at all the night before and felt like death. I hurriedly got ready for class. I had a St. Patrick’s Day outfit planned out. I wore a fuzzy green sweater that my mom gave me. I also wore a black skirt with black boots. I had some four-leaf clover necklaces and stickers to wear. I also had a sleeve that made it look like my whole arm was tattooed. I hid it under my sweater sleeve. I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast and ate it on the way. We had class with Boussaguet. People hadn’t emailed their papers so it made it hard for us to critique them. Class was a bit short that day.
I talked to Heidi after class. She seemed really stressed out by all the papers. I took up a bit of her time by showing her the video that Adrienne and I had made. She also kindly took some pictures of me so that I could show my parents my fun outfit. Then I went home.
I had some soup for lunch. It was Spinach and artichoke soup. I also had some bread with butter. We actually had a surplus of baguettes. Both Adrienne and I stopped by the boulangerie and bought baguettes. Generally we think of getting baguettes at the same time but only one gets one. So many times I’ve been thinking about how I want to go get a baguette and then I see Adrienne walk in with one. Great minds eat alike.
After lunch I rested my weary head and took a nap until about 4:00pm. Then I got up and went to the library. I bought a photocopy card and put €5 on it. I read for a while and marked things to make copies of. Then I went and made copies. I had to return the books that day so I returned them and had to wait until the next day to check them out again. Stupid French library rules.
I left and walked home. While I was walking I was listening to the radio through my cell phone. As I passed the Ministère des Affaires Etrangers, a man tried to talk to me. I didn’t stop and told him I was in a hurry. Later when I passed by again I realized that he might have been one of the security people who stands in front of the building.
I got home and made some of the frozen Parisian mixture for dinner. I added some peas to give it a bit more vegetables. I had mint tea to drink. I was hoping it didn’t have caffeine in it. I was completely avoiding caffeine after my torturous night of no sleep. I worked on my paper some more. I was able to find some sources that were helpful.
I talked to my parents for a while. I went to bed around 12:45.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment