March 6th Thursday
I got up a little bit before noon. I typed on my computer for a while. I discovered an online webcomic that is just too hilarious to go unnoted. It’s called “I was kidnapped by lesbian pirates from outer space.” It’s drawn in the old 50s and 60s style of comic. It just makes it all even funnier. Expect to see many other useless things that I used to procrastinate my papers.
I had some chocolate cereal for breakfast and took a shower. I went to check the mail and did indeed get some mail. I got a package from my parents. It included some bamboo socks and Dove chocolate. It was a very comforting package.
For lunch I made a little fried rice. After that I organized our room. I cleaned up some of the things lying around and put up St. Patrick’s Day decorations. My mom sent me a package with different decorations. I put up a banner that said “Happy St. Patrick’s Day” as well as some green shamrock decorations.
In the afternoon I went to the grocery store. I bought some ingredients for dinner. I had a good one in mind. I also bought a kitchen towel since we were still using Adrienne’s face towel as a kitchen towel. My other purchases included some kitchen sponges, yogurt, and Belgian chocolate for my family for Easter. I walked home with my purchases. They were all very heavy!
Once at home, we swept and waxed the floors. Now we can slide around on our socks. Eventually it was time for dinner. I made my special menu. I made chicken breasts with butter, lemon, artichoke hearts, and capers. I accompanied this with an Orangina from a very good year.
After dinner, Adrienne and I watched Stardust on my computer. My parents had sent me this movie a while back but we didn’t have the time to watch it. I really enjoyed it. It was very funny and also romantic. I felt very good after the movie.
I talked to my dad and thanked him for sending me the movie. He had enjoyed it and thought that I would like it too.
After talking to my dad, I got some rather sad news though. We’d received an email a few days previously from UNC saying that a shooting victim’s body was found near campus. Tonight we found out that the victim had been identified as Eve Carson. She was our student body president. I discovered this through an email from Meg (a TAM student). Meg as well as many other TAM students knew Eve. It was a horrible loss and very tragic. I did not have the chance to meet her while in Chapel Hill but I was very saddened to hear the news. I messaged Meg on Skype to see if she was doing all right. It must be awful to get this kind of news when you’re a world away from family and friends.
I went to bed around 2:00am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment