March 27th Thursday
I got up at 8:00am because I wanted to get lots of work done. I also called Amanda S. to make sure she was awake and ready to catch her flight back to the states.
I had some cereal and yogurt for breakfast before heading off to the bank. I wanted to deposit a check that I’d received from my parents. Well I showed up and realized that I’d left my account information back home. Then when I went to call Adrienne and see if she could bring it to the library, I discovered that I’d also left my phone at home. I guess it’s just going to be one of those days.
I went to the library and set myself up on the third floor. I emailed Adrienne to see if she could bring my information and phone with her. I worked on my paper until around 1:30pm. Adrienne did indeed come by with my bank info and my phone. She is an angel.
I went to lunch with Katharina where I had a chicken baguette sandwich, vanilla yogurt, and water. After lunch I stopped by the bank and deposited the check. They said it would take three to four weeks to come through. I went back to the library to get back to work. I took a small mental break on my computer before getting back down to business.
I worked in the library until 7:00pm. I went down and checked out some new books for my subject. As I was leaving I saw Alberto. He wanted to grab a coffee together since he would be leaving soon. We went to a nearby café called Au Chai de L’Abbaye. I had a chocolat au lait that was really yummy. Since I was hungry as well I asked for a soupe à l’oignon. It was good as well. Alberto and I sat there talking for a while and catching up on what we’d been up to in Paris during the whole module. I especially enjoyed his stories about the cute flirty girls on the metro. It makes me wonder if it’s harder to be a guy and work up the guts to talk to a pretty girl, or if it’s harder to be a girl putting up with all those weird guys hitting on you. Hmmm.
After our nice conversation I walked home. I made some couscous to help combat my hungry belly. I worked some more on my paper and chatted online. I talked to the family online. They were in Estes Park. It was really funny trying to explain to my mom how a chat is not supposed to be the same as an email.
I reached 4,000 words on my paper! I went to bed around 2 or 2:30am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment