March 24th Monday
I got up at 10:00am and had some cereal for breakfast. Adrienne and I got a call from our landlord asking if he could come borrow an egg. We told him we had some he could take. We answered the knock at our door and there was our landlord. He was holding a big chocolate Easter egg. He said, “An egg for an egg.” He only needed one egg so we gave him one. We were completely surprised with the chocolate egg.
I got ready for the day and checked emails on my computer. I tried to work for a while. I also got to chat with some friends. I talked to Megan, Heidi, and Meg.
For lunch I had some vegetable soup with bread and juice. Afterward I got a call from Matt. He was visiting from Westminster. He had arrived in Paris. I went out to meet him by the Musée d’Orsay. I told him to meet me by the elephant statue. We met there and tried to decide where to go. Matt was hungry so we went to find him lunch.
First we stopped by the apartment so that I could grab a coat and an umbrella. It was chilly out and it looked like rain. Matt got to say hi to Adrienne before we headed out. We walked along Boulevard Saint Germain looking for a place to eat. Then, I suggested crêpes to him. We went to the crêpe stand by Saint Germain des Près. Matt had a crêpe with ham, cheese, and egg. It was love at first bite. He said that he’d had similar crêpes in Japan. I didn’t know they had them there. I had a nutella crêpe.
After we finished, we went into the church that is on the corner. It is one of the oldest churches in Paris. After that we left and went to walk more. We went up and I decided to take him through the Tuileries gardens. We walked through and headed toward the Place de la Concorde. While we were walking it started raining very hard. We decided to go back to one of the cafés in the Tuileries. We sat down and ordered vin chaud. It’s like a mulled wine. It came in a tall glass with orange and sugar. It tasted delicious. It was nice to warm up with the wine after the cold rain. Once we finished our wine, we made our way back toward my apartment. We both needed to use the restroom. Once there, we sat around for a bit trying to decide what else to do.
When in doubt, go for food. Matt and I set out in search of a place for dinner. I decided to lead him over toward Rue Cler. We looked at some places along the way but we ended up at the Café du Marché. We both had the grilled steak with potatoes and a béarnaise sauce. I let Matt order the wine since he has taken classes to become a sommelier. We had a Saumur wine. It’s a red wine that’s actually served chilled. The entire dinner was €44. Not too bad for two dinners and a bottle of wine.
Since we were right by the Eiffel Tower, I thought Matt would like to see it. We walked over and took pictures by it. Then it was getting later. We walked all the way back toward my apartment. Matt took the metro home since his hostel was near the 12 line. Once I was home, I talked to my parents for a bit. I did some work and then I went to bed around 2:00am.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment