Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March 25th Tuesday

I got up at around 9:00am. I showered and got ready for the day. For breakfast I had some of the frozen cheese crêpes. At 10:30am I was at the library to work on my paper. I worked until 1:30pm when I went to lunch. I went to the cafeteria and had a chicken Panini with orange juice.

After lunch, we had our last class with professor Grossman. We were there until 4:45pm and then I went back to the library. I worked there until 7:00pm. I turned in some of my books and checked more out.

I walked back home. I got online to chat with Matt. I was originally going to use the night to work but it was Matt’s birthday and I thought it would be sad if he spent it alone. We decided what to do. I was going to go up and meet him near his hostel.

I took the 12 line up to the Pigalle stop at 8:20pm. Here’s a tip, Pigalle is in the red light district. Don’t reserve hostels or hotels there. When I came out of the metro I saw a bunch of neon signs that said “Sex!” Luckily, I didn’t have to wait for Matt. We met up and went to find a restaurant. I wanted to find a restaurant that I’d been to before. We wandered around and I actually found it!

It was the Soleil restaurant that I’d been to with other Euromasters. We settled down and ordered some dinner. I had the Assiette Sud. It had an olive tapenade, dried tomato, fresh tomato, hummus, cucumbers with cream, artichoke hearts, tiny sliced cucumbers, and mozzarella. It was an amazing dish. Matt had salmon with potatoes and green beans. For dessert, I had fromage blanc with honey and almonds. Matt had a dark chocolate cake. It had about 4 types of chocolate in it. He seemed to enjoy it.

We were at dinner for a rather long time. Afterward, we had an idea to try to find a shop and get some champagne. We hopped on the metro. All the places looked closed since it was so late. I didn’t have any idea where we could find champagne. We decided to admit defeat. I went home and Matt headed home on the metro. I went to bed around 1:30am.

No comments: