Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April 2nd Wednesday

Karuna left early in the morning to go to the United States. She would be staying there for about a week and a half. I spent a luxurious morning sleeping in and got up after noon. I had two of my frozen cheese crêpes for breakfast. I also had a chocolate orange yogurt.

I got ready and then ran to the ATM to pick up money. I was trying to slowly collect it for rent. I went by the 8 à Huit where I bought a lemon Coke light. I came back and had received a postcard from my family. I’d gotten one the previous day. Each member of the family sent one on the same day but they arrived spread out.

I had some couscous and ratatouille for lunch. Adrienne and I talked to Casey on Skype. She was in town and working on her papers for Prague. We were supposed to go to the Loire Valley together soon.

I talked among Sara, Heidi, Adrienne, and Luis to plan the evening. We went to the Lizard Lounge near the Hôtel de Ville. I had two glasses of red wine there because it was still happy hour. It was the first time I met Luis. He and I had communicated on Skype but I hadn’t seen him in person yet. We got to hang out with Heidi a bit. She would be leaving in a few days to go to Germany.

We all hung out and talked for a while before saying goodbye. Adrienne and I took the metro home. I talked to my parents on Skype and then went to bed around 3:00am.

No comments: