Monday, April 28, 2008

April 28th Monday

I had trouble waking up in the morning. I didn’t want to get up. I was finally able to get up around 9 and have some cereal. I worked on trying to find some sources on impeachment at the apartment.

Anna had invited me to go swimming with her today. I left to meet her at 11:45. We went to the municipal pool. It wasn’t quite open yet so we had to go shopping for an hour. I went ahead and bought a chausson de pommes (apple pastry) because I was hungry.

We were finally able to go to the pool. It only cost €1.50 to get in. Once in, they handed us a hanger and basket with a rubber bracelet. We changed clothes and hung everything on the hanger. We gave it to the attendants to keep in the back and kept our bracelet to show them which one was ours.

We went and swam in the pool. There were a fair amount of people there and we ended up having to swim around a few kids. It was a lot of fun but I was realizing how out of shape I was. I used to be able to swim really well and now I needed to stop to breathe. We finished swimming and went in to shower. I tried to wash the best I could but they were joint showers with the opposite sex so I had to keep my swimming suit on. We went up and got our hangers so we could change.

We left and Anna went home. I stopped by Monoprix and got a few things before heading home. When I got there I made lunch for myself. I was feeling healthy after my exercise so I made a salad with leftover couscous, emmenthal cheese, ham and carrots. I did have to finish it off with some of my chocolate bunny though.

Karuna arrived with Alex. He was the guy that she’d been busy with at the club the other night. We said hello and he went on his way. Karuna and I went to the library to prepare for our presentation. We got some books and researched. We then went back to the apartment to work.

We stopped to make some dinner. Karuna prepared some Indian chicken with rice as well as some apples with chocolate and custard.

After dinner we worked on our presentation. I’d wished that Karuna had come back earlier so that we could start working on this sooner. I guess that’s what I got for picking the same subject as her. We were able to finally finish the PowerPoint. It took a long time.

We didn’t go to bed until after 2:00am.

No comments: