April 12th Saturday
I got up a little bit after 9:30am. I had some chocolate cereal with milk for breakfast. While I munched on it I checked my emails. I got ready for the day and then set to uploading some pictures on Facebook. I had about three albums worth saved up.
After that, Adrienne and I went to a tabac. They’re little stores where you can buy stamps, phone credit, and other things like that. They often have a bar in them as well. Adrienne and I needed to go because we’d received letters from the prefecture saying that we had medical exams scheduled so that we could get our cartes de séjour. They also told us that we needed to buy a €55 OMI stamp and stick it to the form. This would be the payment that we needed for it. It was a strange idea to me. Anyway, Karuna stayed home while Adrienne and I went to the tabac. The nearest one to us was by Saint Germain des Près. We got our stamps. Adrienne headed into the Monoprix to get some things and I headed home.
When I got back, Karuna hopped in the shower. Adrienne came home in the meantime and then I showered. Karuna left to go to a friend’s house. I made some lunch for myself. I made a hamburger patty with cheese on top and some peas.
After I’d eaten, M. Choupin brought over an extra mattress. His daughter wasn’t staying with him at the time and he let us borrow the mattress while Karuna was here. Once he’d left, I was on my computer. I uploaded more pictures as well as some videos on Youtube.
Adrienne and I discussed dinner. There were some things we needed so we went to our grocery store Franprix. We got some chicken, frozen Asian vegetable mix, soup, toothpaste, and body wash. I used my caddy to take it home. I also stopped by 8 à Huit. I didn’t see what I was looking for so I just got a can of cranberry raspberry syrup to make drinks with.
Once home we made dinner. I had chicken with the new frozen mix. It had peas, mushrooms, peppers, eggplant, and an oily sauce. I finished the strawberry sorbet for dessert.
Around midnight I got to talk to my parents on Skype. Then after that, Karuna called. Her boyfriend Stan had just broken up with her. She was really upset and decided to stay at a friend’s place that night. Adrienne and I felt pretty bad for her. One of the sad things was that we had a feeling this was going to happen. It just happened much sooner than we’d expected.
I went to bed around 2:00am.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment