April 29th Tuesday
We got up at 8:00am. I felt pretty exhausted but I wanted to finish preparing the presentation before class. I got ready for the day and ate my cereal. Then I set to work and finished practicing the presentation. I would have liked more time to work on it but that’s just how life goes sometimes.
We walked to school early so that we could print out handouts. Some nerd had made handouts for the class during their presentation and the professor said that he wanted the rest to do that as well. We were able to print them out without any big problem. We just made a printout of our PowerPoint slides.
We went to class. The general class was interesting. It was difficult waiting to present. I would have preferred to do it at the beginning instead of the end. We presented on the American process of impeachment. The question was “Does the power of impeachment give Congress power over the President?” We gave our presentation and said that it can have power but it can only be used in such rare circumstances that the power doesn’t turn out to be that significant. I felt like I fumbled a lot. I was nervous and felt like my accent was bad. Adrienne made me feel better later and told me I did well.
After class we went to the Pesto Basil restaurant on the corner. I got a ham, mozzarella, and tomato sandwich. I ate there with Amanda and a few others. The regular cafeteria was closed because of school vacations. Then it was time to go meet up with Karuna and Adrienne. Karuna had discovered an apartment that rented out two bedrooms separately. She was going to take one room but she thought that Adrienne and I might prefer a two bedroom place. It sounded like a good idea for the thesis module. It might be nice to have separate working spaces.
We met up outside of the building. Karuna took us up and the current resident showed us the apartment. Square meter-wise it was bigger than our current apartment but it felt smaller. The walls seemed to chop it in awkward shapes. The two bedrooms were long and skinny and only had room for foldout beds. The bathroom was nice and large but the kitchen was just a kitchenette in the hallway leading to the bathroom. We weren’t impressed with the place. The windows were even smaller and darker than our current place.
We thanked them for showing it to us. We split up then, Karuna went off on her own and Adrienne went to the library. I headed home. I watched a few episodes of Smallville and X-Men online. Adrienne came home then and we made some dinner. We had couscous and some leftover ratatouille.
After dinner we decided to go to the store. It was raining slightly as we went. I also had problems with the trees. Sometimes small parts fall off of the trees and land in my eye. It itches terribly and I can’t get it out very well. I still managed to get to the store at least. We shopped there and then made our way back home. Once we got home I watched some TV on my computer.
Karuna came home later. I got to talk to my dad on Skype and then went to bed around 12:15am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment