April 20th Sunday
We got up a bit before 10:00am. We needed to check out of our rooms soon. We got up and got ready and packed. As I was getting ready I discovered that the bathrooms had been made rather gross in the night by other people there. Emily was able to get online on the wireless with her laptop. She let me check my email to see if I had any changes on my flight. I didn’t have any changes but I did have a cryptic message from Adrienne. She asked if I’d be willing to meet with our landlord at 9:00pm. I didn’t know what was going on.
We packed and had to pack up Casey’s stuff as well. She hadn’t returned yet from her night out. We got all the suitcases downstairs and managed to check out. We went and sat outside to wait for Casey. Eventually, Mike drove up with Casey in the car. He offered to give us a ride to the airport. He would have given the others a ride to the bus station but there wasn’t enough room in his car for all the people and the bags. We said goodbye to Emily and Leslie. It had been a wonderful weekend with them even if the last night was rough.
Casey and I got in Mike’s car and stopped off to get some breakfast. He took us to a cafĂ© that he knew. I had a big mug of hot chocolate and an Italian chicken sandwich. It tasted pretty good. After our meal, Mike drove us out to the airport. Casey and I managed to wrestle her stuff into the airport. We sat down and rearranged her bags. She had to make sure that all the liquids were going into her checked bag. She also tried to put the heavy things into her backpack. We went up and checked in. Casey’s bag was very overweight so we took some more of the heavy stuff and put it in our carry-ons. Her bag was still overweight but at least the charge wasn’t as outrageous.
We went through the airport and found a Burger King. I just got a Coke there and Casey got some food. Eventually we were able to board our plane. We sat back and I slept through the whole flight. We landed around 5pm in Charles de Gaulle. We got Casey’s bag and then went to the RER to buy tickets back into Paris. We got in the RER and I gave Adrienne a call to see what the email had been about. She told me that in the middle of the night, Karuna had come home drunk and told her that M. Choupin wanted us to leave. Hearing this, Adrienne scheduled a meeting with our landlord to discuss the problem.
After talking to Adrienne, I had the whole RER ride back into town to complain to Casey about the situation. Adrienne and I had let Karuna stay in our apartment with us for a month rent free and then she pulls a stunt like this. I was not pleased to say the least.
I finally got back to the apartment. Thankfully, it was just Adrienne there. She filled me in on the situation. I called my parents on Skype to tell them I was back from my trip but ended up breaking down telling them about the situation. I was so angry that we had done so much for Karuna and she did nothing but take advantage of us.
I was starving at this point so I made some noodles to hold me over. Around 9pm, our landlord came over and we discussed the situation. He told us that Karuna was the confused one and that we should be talking to her. We told M. Choupin that she’d said to Adrienne that he wanted us to leave. He assured us that he had no reason to ask us to leave. He was still under the agreement that we’d had that we were staying until November. What he did say though was “Think of Karuna. Without her you wouldn’t know about this place. Whatever you do, don’t start a fight with her.” The meeting left me feeling reassured that we weren’t getting kicked out but still pissed at the situation.
I talked to Tom online for a bit and he let me bitch about it. Then I called my parents and told them how the meeting went. I was in bed around midnight. Once we were settled, Karuna came back to the apartment. We were all tired so we didn’t talk to her about the situation.
I was ready to go to sleep but then felt sick. I had taken a vitamin without much food in my stomach and it made me throw up. I felt better afterwards and was able to go to sleep around 1:00.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment