January 13th Sunday
I heard Karuna leave quite early but could not get up the energy to wake up and say goodbye. I had my alarm set for 10:00am. We were supposed to meet Heidi to go see the Musée d’Orsay at 11:00am. We were still getting ready at 11:06am. I called Heidi to see if she was waiting. She said that actually she wasn’t sure she’d be able to make it today. I was sad to not see the museum but also very happy to have more time to relax. I had not gotten many hours of sleep between the past two nights and I was tired.
I had a bit of baguette with strawberry jam for breakfast. Baguettes never keep me full for long but they can usually hold me over until lunch.
After breakfast I read for a while and tried to get some homework done. Finally I was too tired and I succumbed to a nap. I slept for a few hours and finally got up at 4:30pm. We had a very late lunch of vegetable soup.
Then Adrienne and I decided to go grocery shopping. I wanted some honey for my tea and my fromage blanc. It was late on Sunday so we had to go to the 24 hour store. I was able to find my honey there. We also got some bagged lettuce, tomato, red wine vinegar and cookies.
We made our way home to make dinner. We ended up making salads. We put together some lettuce, tomato, and chopped up cooked chicken. We topped it with oil and red wine vinegar. It tasted pretty good. I always put too much vinegar on my salads, though. After dinner I had some cookies and some fromage blanc with honey. It was sublime.
I decided to do something productive and cleaned the room a bit. I had lots of things kind of spread about. I was able to find a place for most things. I took a break and talked to my parents on Skype. The quality of the calls seems to be going down. It’s hard to tell.
Adrienne and I watched Amélie on my computer. I love that movie so much. Afterward I’m usually left with a warm fuzzy feeling. Of course this time was the first that I noticed that Amélie and Nino don’t have a real conversation before having sex. I guess it’s just true love at first sight.
I indulged in some picture editing after the movie. My parents needed some pictures of my brother and me for the newsletter. I tried making them brighter and eliminating red eye. Then I messed with some other pictures that we took here in Paris. I figured it was time for a new cute profile picture.
I read a little bit for fun and then went to bed at 2:15 am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment