Monday, January 14, 2008

January 14th Monday

This was the first day that I didn’t set an alarm or have something to wake up for. I slept in until 1:00pm. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the clock. I guess I had lots of sleep to catch up on. The main advantage was that my stuffiness of the cold had disappeared. I felt healed. Hallelujah!

I had a bit of the chocolate Muesli cereal for breakfast. I tried to do a bit of reading and then looked around online. Adrienne and I wanted to get some more groceries to bulk up on so we made our way to Franprix. We bought some salad stuff like cucumbers and tomatoes and lettuce, some chicken, a giant pack of yogurt, and some milk. We got some other things as well and crammed it all in my medium suitcase. I was glad we didn’t pay a lot for everything.

For dinner, I cut and cooked up the chicken. Then I cooked some rice noodles. We ate everything together with some sweet and sour sauce. It was quite good. We even had a baguette that Adrienne bought just in case we were still hungry. After dinner I indulged in some chocolate and fromage blanc with honey.

I read my assignment for the next class. We also had to come up with the subject we want to study. I had trouble with mine. I finally picked one about French public opinion of French presidents and how it’s affected by the EU. It’s a strange idea and I’m sure prof. Grossman will help me think of something better.

I got to talk to my parents on Skype. I always enjoy getting to talk to them. I was rather distracted though because I had my first random person trying to chat with me on Skype. What is it about me that attracts Algerians through the internet like that? Hmmm…

I got to talk to some other people online too. It was fun talking to Tom, Maya, and Kyle. I’m so glad I’ve got internet at my house.

I was very hungry then so I made myself a grilled half of a sandwich. It had ham and cheese in the middle. I washed it down with some milk.

I did some more reading and didn’t get to bed until 3:30am.

No comments: