January 20th Sunday
We slept in until about noon. Amanda went to buy us breakfast to thank us for letting her stay the night. She found an open boulangerie and got us pain au chocolat. We woke up a bit as we ate those for breakfast. While we were sitting there, Karuna called Adrienne on Skype. We all got to talk to her a bit. Amanda headed home but Adrienne and I kept talking to Karuna. Then we created a chat with Meg too. We were joining Spain, France, and Italy.
Karuna was feeling kind of lonely in Madrid. Adrienne and I decided to get plane tickets on Ryanair and go visit her! We had been planning to do it so we set some dates up. It wasn’t until after the purchase of the tickets that I realized that I’d forgotten about our class that starts up on Mondays in February. We’d bought tickets from Feb. 8th through Feb. 12th. We would have to miss our Monday class. The professor is the same one who glared at me for closing my eyes in the workshop. I did not want to miss her second class. Still, I was so torn that I decided to talk to my parents and ask for their help in making the decision. I got to talk to them on the phone since it was Sunday. They helped me talk the dilemma through. I finally decided to change the date of my return to the Sunday night before class. It only gives us a few days in Madrid but I’m hoping we can see lots of stuff in that time still. It gives me an excuse to go back too.
I made some lunch after that. I had a sandwich with ham, lettuce, tomato, mayo, cheese, and mustard. Sometimes it feels like I’m going to burn out all my nose hairs with that mustard. It’s so spicy.
After lunch I fooled around with some pictures online. I’m enjoying editing them to put better ones online. Then I read for a bit. I got to talk to my parents on Skype a little later. It’s nice when we can get it to work. Sometimes the quality is really bad.
For dinner we made chicken in a sweet and sour sauce with white rice. We only had some already roasted chicken so we had an interesting combination of flavors. During and after dinner Adrienne and I talked to each other for a long time. Then she had to go be by the computer because she had a Skype date set with her family.
I got to shower and then chatted with Tom online. I’m waiting for him to get a microphone so that I can talk to him on Skype too. I also typed up more of my journal before going to bed around 2am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment