January 16th Wednesday
I was not very happy to hear my alarm go off. I pulled myself out of bed at around 9:00am. It felt much earlier. I stumbled through getting myself ready. I had a simple raspberry yogurt for breakfast.
We went to our class with Padis. It went fairly well. The only issue I had was that I was distracted by my increasingly upset stomach. I thought the yogurt would be fine but I needed to eat more than that. I fought the urge to go to the bathroom for most of the second half of class. I was excited to go eat at the end.
Adrienne and I opted out of eating on campus and decided to head straight home for cheap food and quiet reading space. For lunch I made myself a ham sandwich (on American style sandwich bread) with ham, mayo, lettuce, and a very spicy mustard. For dessert I had some madeleines. I have a soft spot for those goodies.
We tried to read and skim for the next class. We had a large amount of reading and I was finding it difficult to finish it before class. We got a basic knowledge though and headed off to learn. I was beginning to learn that in France, to on time is to be early and to be early is to be ridiculous. We would show up thinking class was going to be getting underway but would walk into a room of one or two people. Every time I chuckle and go “Oh right. I keep forgetting I’m in France.” Our professor was still very difficult to understand. I found my mind wandering occasionally when it was tired of concentrating so hard. It did help a little to sit in the center of the room instead of on the side. If I can understand Irondelle by the end of the module I’m going to throw myself a party.
Adrienne and I headed home to make dinner. We stopped at Gosselin and bought a baguette along the way. I was tired and felt lazy so I didn’t cook anything for dinner. I had some bread with pâté, camembert, and butter. Adrienne ended up heating up some vegetable soup so I had some. I also indulged in a little fromage blanc with honey on it.
I got to talk to my mom on the phone. My bank card had come and I needed some stateside help in activating it. It went fine. It was nice talking to my mom.
I read some things online in bed until I felt unbearably tired. My eyelids kept drooping. I managed to put my computer off to the side before falling asleep around 9:30pm. I woke up at 11:00 and realized I still needed to get ready for bed. I got dressed and turned my computer off properly before going back to bed. Before I turned my computer off though, I got to talk to Tom and Maya. I had to see how Tom’s birthday was going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment