January 25th Friday
Adrienne and I got up between 11:30 and 12. I justified my late start by noting that I didn’t get to sleep until late. I had a pain au chocolat and a yogurt for breakfast. I kind of sat in bed reading for a bit.
Finally we were hungry enough for lunch so we made some of my favorite vegetable soup with some bread. It was quite good. I messed around on my computer for a bit.
Karuna eventually showed up. We talked for a bit. She’d related what crazy French parties can really be like. It did indeed sound kind of crazy.
We made some dinner together. It included chicken with the Mediterranean vegetables. We also made some couscous with raisins and bacon in it. It all turned out very nice. I like how raisins puff up again. We also had a little bit of our red wine that was opened.
It was time to get to Amanda and Heidi’s party out in the banlieu. We got ourselves all pretty and headed out on the metro. There were only two other guests there when we showed up but more people came later. I was very impressed by all the food that was available. There were many cheeses and crackers as well as hot mini pastry items. It was lots of fun to see people. They had many drinks to offer too including wine and champagne.
It was getting late and we knew we had to get moving to catch the last metro. We were able to catch the last 10 line into the center of Paris. We tried to catch the 12 up to our Solférino stop but had missed the last one. We had to walk for about 15 minutes home.
Finally Karuna made it back home. She had to find a taxi since she’d left later than us and missed the last train. We all got to bed around 3 or 4 in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment