Sunday, February 17, 2008

February 17th Sunday

I slept in even later than the previous day. I didn’t get up until 1:00pm. I had cereal and a yogurt for breakfast. I typed in my journal for a little while.

When lunch time came around I made myself the package of chicken nuggets. They had two sauces in them. One was a sweet and sour sauce and the other was a barbecue sauce. I made some rice that turned out very bad. We had just discovered that it does not pay off to buy the cheapest rice out there. It was very crunchy despite putting in the proper amount of water.

I made myself some hot chocolate after lunch. Hot chocolate is very yummy here but that could be because I’m always making it with either half or whole milk. Either way, it’s delicious.

I got to talk to my friend Amanda on Skype. She’s teaching English in Japan right now. I hadn’t gotten to talk to her much since she left in August. It was fun to touch base again. While I was talking to her I wrote on two of the stamped postcards. I wrote one to Amanda and one to my Mormor.

After I talked to Amanda I listened to some music. I was enjoying my new Across the Universe soundtrack. Then in the late afternoon, our landlord M. Choupin came by. He brought by the original of his gas bill. That was one of the reasons for Adrienne’s latest rejections at the carte de séjour office. We needed to have the original gas bill as well as the copies. Later, M. Choupin’s son Luc came over too. They were going to try to put up the curtain on our window by the front door. M. Choupin had found the screws that he needed. It was fun watching them because the slightly bickered as they put up the curtain. The two of them are very similar. It was also funny to hear our proper landlord muttering “Ah putain!”

After they left, Adrienne and I were waiting for Karuna to have dinner. We didn’t hear from her for a long time and we got hungry. We went ahead and made some of our vegetable soup. I had some goat cheese and crackers on the side. Afterward, I got to talk to my parents on Skype. The quality is bad but I am really glad I get to talk to them this often.

Karuna returned in the evening and we made some dinner. We made a mixture of some ground beef, ratatouille, and the bad rice. The other food was able to mask the bad rice. It turned out pretty good. Karuna and I had some wine with dinner. Unfortunately, since I’d had a glass of wine, I couldn’t focus on my assignment that I was supposed to do that night. I was supposed to research my topic a bit in order to come up with a better topic and research question.

After dinner we tried to help Adrienne out by talking to her. She was very upset about a situation with her boyfriend. Karuna and I tried to cheer her up a little.

Finally we went to bed. I hadn’t managed to get my work done but I would do it in the morning.

No comments: