Wednesday, February 6, 2008

February 6th Wednesday

I got up at 9:00 and decided to actually cook something for breakfast. I made some scrambled eggs for myself. They were able to hold me through Padis’ class. I got to say hi to Tom briefly online. I wanted to tell him that I voted. I was very excited about it.

After class we went to the cafeteria to get lunch. I got a chicken sandwich this time. The chicken had really good flavor and was a nice break from ham. After I ate the sandwich I eyed the cookies they were selling. I finally caved and bought myself a chocolate chip cookie. It was gooey and delicious. It made my day.

Adrienne took our birth certificates to Astrid so that she could translate them. I was sitting with some of my classmates and we tried to finish the reading for the next class. We all acted kind of silly and joked around a little. I think we just needed to release some steam before sitting through another 2 hour class. I liked the table we were at because it allowed me to charge my computer while we were sitting there.

We went to Irondelle’s class then. Sometimes I always feel like I read the wrong text. With different documents totaling a hundred pages or so I try to get a general feeling for everything and focus on one or two documents. Then when we get to class, Irondelle always wants us to discuss the document that I didn’t focus on. Ah well. Someday I’ll be able to present the reading.

We walked home and I stopped into the little 8 à Huit store because we needed to get some paper supplies for our party. We needed some paper plates and plastic cups so that the already inventoried plates don’t get broken.

For dinner we heated up some vegetable soup as well as leftover quiche. I had a glass of Muscadet wine with it. Adrienne made up more of the chicken meatballs and some tomato sauce. I started to hurry because there was a talk that I really wanted to go to. It was called “La place des émotions dans les sociétés futures.” I got all ready to go but thought I might be late. I was very tired and knew that I need to clean the apartment for the party. I also was not going to get to sleep much the next night because we needed to leave early for the flight. I ended up deciding to stay at home. I was really relieved once I decided this but still sad that I would be missing such an interesting talk.

I had time to clean up the apartment a little. I typed some of my journal and talked to Maya online. It was good to catch up a little. I was so tired that I ended up falling asleep while typing on my laptop in bed. I took a short catnap. I woke up and was able to talk to my parents on Skype. I finally got ready for bed and went to sleep around 2:00am.

No comments: