February 25th Monday
I got up at 10am. For breakfast I made a ham and cheese omelet to use up the eggs. After I got ready, I made my way to the library. I researched for a while and grabbed some books. I wasn’t able to get on the internet on my computer. This meant I wasn’t distracted by online fun but it also meant that I couldn’t use useful features like the online French dictionary that I like.
Adrienne and I were hungry so we checked out the books we were looking at and went to a café to get lunch. I got a ham and butter sandwich. We walked home and ate lunch. We also made some cheap vegetable soup. I had to spice mine up. After I ate, I went down to the 8 à Huit where I bought some bottles of water and some juices. I wanted to try the large bottle of strawberry water that I saw.
Adrienne took a nap while I typed some things up. After a while Adrienne decided to go to the library. I really wanted to buy a watch before my upcoming trip to Scotland so I went to Monoprix. There, I bought a watch for just under €25. It was expensive but still half the cost of the absolute cheapest watches at BHV. I like the watch. It has a black band and a silver face.
After Monoprix I went to meet Amanda and Adrienne at Sciences Po. We wanted to go try and find some dinner in the area. It was about 6:00pm and that turned out to be too early for dinner. We couldn’t find any open restaurants so Amanda suggested that we go to try the CROUS cafeteria. We went and got in line at the cafeteria. Financially it was a very good deal. €2.80 for a hot meal. I started by making myself a salad from the salad bar. Then I picked up a plate that I thought had tomatoes and mozzarella. My main plate was noodles and beef. I was disappointed to find out that what I thought was mozzarella was a misshapen hardboiled egg. I didn’t eat that dish. The meal was a good deal but was very much cafeteria food. The meat was very tough and I gave up cutting it after a while. I enjoyed the company of my friends for dinner at least.
We headed home after dinner. Adrienne and I came across the crêpe stand on Boulevard Saint Germain. I was hungry from not being able to finish my dinner and still disappointed about my lack of mozzarella. This lead to my purchase of a nutella crêpe that cost 20 centimes more than my entire dinner. I guess I’ve got my priorities straight when it comes to food money.
Once we got home I had tea while I looked at some things online. I typed for a bit. I also looked up information for the office on Rue de la Chaise. I was going to call them the next day and see if they were open. I got to bed around 3:00am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment