February 19th Tuesday
Adrienne got up early to be at the carte de séjour office at 8:30am. Renée and I stayed at the apartment. I got up at 9:30am. Adrienne came back and told us that she arrived at the office and they told her that they weren’t accepting appointments this week. She should come back next week. Arrrgh! What is wrong with these people? I’m beginning to hate them.
I had a bowl of a new cereal. It looks like it’s pretty high in fiber. I had to put in some sugar to make it taste better. I’m used to really sweet cereals. We got ready and I tried to read a little for class. We had class with Grossman today at 2:45pm. We had some ratatouille and some couscous for lunch. Then we had Renée email our professor Padis to ask if she could come along on our little field trip the next day.
Adrienne and Renée went to the school to try and print some things. I stayed behind to try to read. We met up again for class. We discussed Europeanization and Globalization. I must admit that for much of the lecture I was kind of confused about the topic.
We went back to the apartment after class. Adrienne talked to her parents on Skype. She was upset about the situation with her boyfriend and needed to talk to them about it. I left briefly and bought a baguette at the boulangerie and some cheese at the 8 à Huit. Renée and I snacked on that while we waited for Adrienne to finish talking to her folks. We were talking about going to a restaurant but ended up staying at home to cook. I took Renée to the store to get ingredients. We bought some chicken legs (because the breasts were lacking) and a few potatoes to augment what we had.
We came back and Renée made us a Greek dish for dinner. She put the chicken legs on a baking sheet with slices of potato. Then she drizzled olive oil on it along with lemon juice, pepper, salt, and oregano. We made a spinach salad to go with it and settled down to eat while watching Moulin Rouge.
I got to talk to my parents on Skype after the movie. I wanted to talk to them about my Scotland options. After I talked to them, I went in and bought my plane ticket to Scotland! It cost a total of about €96. It’s expensive for Ryanair, but I still think it was worth it. I would be traveling Feb. 27th through March 2nd. I was only buying the tickets a week in advance. We think the prices were high because it was also vacations for French universities.
I got to talk to Tom online after I made my purchase. He had just returned from a trip to Canada. He told me the crazy news that he’d gotten in a car accident on his drive up. He’s okay but he had to fly back because the car doesn’t fit in the “functioning” category any more. I was so glad to hear he made it back in one piece.
I tried to read for a bit before bed. I went to bed around 2:30 or 3:00.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment