February 12th Tuesday
I had started to feel sick before bed so I slept in until 11:00am. I had a sore throat when I woke up but I felt much better. I was able to eat my cereal for breakfast. I finished off the little bit of fruit cereal I had left and ate some chocolate cereal.
I got ready and read for a bit before walking to class. We had Grossman’s class where we discussed interest groups and social movements. I also made a helpful vocabulary discovery. All of my teachers had been using the term “grosso modo.” I was finally able to look it up and found out that it means “roughly or roughly speaking.” It helped me understand so much more that way. They really did use the term a lot.
After class we walked home. I had received a slip from the post office saying they had a package for me at the office. I went by with my ID and picked it up. It was a package from my parents. I was so excited that I opened it while I walked home. It turned out to be a pair of earrings. They were silver and had my birthstone (peridot) incorporated into the design. They were hand-made in Israel. I was really excited and went home to take pictures of me wearing them to send back to my parents. One the way to the apartment I bought a baguette at the corner boulangerie.
I showed off the earrings to Adrienne and then the two of us had a simple dinner of vegetable soup and bread with cheese.
I tried to read for a while. I also was on my computer a lot. I organized the pictures we’d taken. I went to bed after 1:00am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment