February 26th Tuesday
I got up around 11:30am. I called the Sciences Po office to see if they were open. They said they were and that they’d be open in the afternoon. I had some cereal for breakfast and checked my morning emails. I got ready for the day and did a little bit of work.
I had some sausages that I’d bought that I needed to eat. I boiled three of them and had them for lunch. They were actually really good.
At 2:30pm we went to the Sciences Po office to ask about our health insurance. They gave us a letter saying we’d already paid and that we were students of Sciences Po. Then they told us that we would need to go to the actual health center to get our cards and register. We’d gotten health insurance with LMDE.
We left and went to the library. I studied some polls and surveys. I was trying to find information on opinion polls of the French president. I worked there from 3:00pm until 5:45pm. After that I walked home and bought a baguette along the way to have with dinner.
Once home I started making dinner. I made bowtie pasta with a Forestier sauce. It was a very good sauce with mushrooms in it that we’d bought at the store. I put some chopped up tomato, onion and garlic in it. I also chopped up the remaining sausages and put them in the sauce. I made a huge plate of food. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to eat it all. It turned out I could.
After dinner I introduced Adrienne to the idea of Utena (a Japanese anime). I showed her some pictures of me in my Utena costume as well as pictures and videos of the actual character. We found some really funny videos. My favorite was the Utena video to Gunther’s Tra la la song. Hilarious and inappropriate.
After our fun online I talked to my parents for a while. I managed to pack up for my trip the next day. I was going to visit my friend Megan in Scotland! I met Megan in Tours, France on our study abroad programs. It had been almost three years since we’d seen each other. I got to talk to her online and figure out all the details about meeting her the next day.
I went to bed and read for a while. I tried to go to sleep but I felt very awake. I think I was too excited about my trip. I also had a mild cough that came out of nowhere. I didn’t fall asleep until almost 3am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment