February 15th Friday
I was able to sleep in until about 11:00am. I felt like I was dead when I woke up. Adrienne had gone to the prefecture to try to get her carte de séjour. She was rejected once again. This time I believe it was because she did not have the right kind of proof of admission to Sciences Po. It was quite frustrating.
I had an interesting breakfast of onion soup, bread, crackers and goat cheese. I had some juice to drink. For some reason, goat cheese was comforting when I wasn’t feeling well.
We got dressed and went to the bank. We turned in our form that our landlord signed. They said that now our forms are all good. We just need to wait for them to be processed and for the cards to come in. While leaving I saw the crêpe stand across the street. We made a detour by there so that I could get a nutella banana crêpe. It was quite delicious. As we walked I told Adrienne that when I’m rich I’m going to have a personal crêpe chef with his own stand. I’ll walk down in the morning and he’ll say “Bonjour Madame! Ça va?” I will reply, “Oui ça va. Et vous?” “Ça va bien, merci.” Then I’ll ask for a jam or nutella crêpe. Ahh yes.
We stopped by to grab a baguette at the boulangerie. Then we stopped in the 8 à Huit to get some chicken nuggets before heading up to the apartment.
I made us a dinner of couscous with raisins in it. Then I cut off some chicken from the second one that we didn’t even touch the night before. I put those pieces on top of the couscous.
After lunch I read for fun for a little while. All work and no play… I got to talk to my mom as well as my friend Peter.
As a small dinner I had some soup and baguette. I typed in my journal for a little while. I didn’t go to bed until about 3:00am.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment