May 6th Tuesday
It’s my dad’s birthday today. I got up at 9:00am. I felt very tired. I’d had trouble sleeping the night before. I had some chocolate cereal with milk for breakfast before heading off to class. We had class with Dehousse. Adrienne had to give her 15 minute presentation today. Most people got to pair up but Adrienne had to do it by herself. She did a good job though.
After class, I went to the cafeteria to buy lunch. I didn’t eat it there though because the Euromasters wanted to go eat by the Eiffel Tower. I got my sandwich and then walked home with Adrienne. I had to stop by the apartment. My new sandals were cutting up my feet. They had a plastic tube on the thong that goes between the toes that was cutting into my skin. I put Band-Aids and better shoes on and then we went to the Eiffel Tower.
It took us a little bit but we were eventually able to get a hold of people and find out where they were sitting. We sat down on the grass and had a little picnic lunch. I had a poulet crudité sandwich. The picnic was quite large. Apparently, it was to honor our guests from the Madrid site who were visiting. Rohan was there along with two other Euromasters. There were a lot of Paris Euromasters there. Besides me the group included: Amanda, Luis, Tobias, David, John, Emeric, Adrienne, Manu, Ludo, Casey, Milva, Marilena, Violetta, Irene, and Christine.
While we ate and chatted, I worked on my dad’s birthday present/card. I taped together some pieces of white paper to make a big sign. Then I wrote “Happy birthday, Dad. Love, Casey” on it with markers. Adrienne helped take a picture of me holding the sign in front of the Eiffel Tower. My friends in the program were impressed with my creativity and motivation. I told them that this just showed a lack of planning on my part because I didn’t think ahead enough to mail a present.
After the picnic, Adrienne and I walked toward the RER stop to take it home. On the way, Adrienne wanted to show me an apartment that she’d looked at. It was near the Eiffel Tower. We went and looked at the outside of the building. There was one guy ahead of us who showed interest in the place. But we’d gotten a call from the owner saying he might be reconsidering. It looked like a nice enough building. We got on the RER and took it home.
There was a conference with Dehousse that night. Adrienne went but I decided to stay home. I uploaded Facebook pictures and chatted online. I emailed the birthday picture to my dad.
Adrienne came home from the conference. I was in the kitchen and looking for something in the cupboard. I discovered that the package of chocolate fish that Karuna had given us was missing. She’d taken them with her. That made us really mad. I was sad too because I’d wanted to at least get a picture of them to show people what I had been talking about.
I heated up some cream of mushroom soup for dinner. I didn’t feel like making anything big. I got to chat online with Meg for a bit. Adrienne and I were planning on going to see her in Siena, Italy so we were trying to figure out the plans.
After that I got to talk to my family on Skype. I wished my dad a happy birthday. I couldn’t keep myself from complaining about the housing situation to my mom. I was still peeved about the chocolate fish.
I watched some X-Men cartoons to calm down and then went to bed around 1:00am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment