Monday, May 19, 2008

May 19th Monday

I got up at 8:50am and felt pretty good. I didn’t feel sick or tired. The nightmare before, though, I’d had a nightmare about a Tyrannosaurus Rex. It was pretty scary.

I had some fruit muesli cereal and got ready for class. We left early to try and find the classroom. We were in a different room for Dehousse’s class today. Once there, he told us about how the building was even older than the other parts and that it was part of the 1945 école. The room definitely had an older feel to it. It had large windows with old clasps on them. It also had much more decoration than our usual modern room. It was very interesting having class in this older room. Class went well until we left. I was talking to Amanda how I was a little worried about Adrienne. She gets very tired sometimes and when she’s tired she gets accident prone. To leave the classroom and head out of the building, we had to go down a large staircase made from a slick stone. As we were walking down, Adrienne slipped and fell down some of the steps. She even hit her head on the wall. I rushed back up to help her up. There were a few of the students and even the professor there to help her. Everyone was worried. She was able to stand up and besides the slight bump on the head she felt fine.

Adrienne usually goes home for lunch while I stay at school. This runs the risk of her taking a nap between classes. I told her that if she goes home she shouldn’t go to sleep just in case she’d hit her head harder than she thought. She promised she wouldn’t.

I stayed at school and had a chicken Panini. I loved the warm sandwiches which were a nice break from the cold and crispy baguettes sandwiches. I also had a bottle of water and a hot chocolate.

After lunch, Amanda and I headed to the library where we read for Howorth’s class. Well, we had the intention of reading for Howorth’s class. This quickly descended into taking pictures of Amanda on my computer’s webcam. We got a little reading done at least.

We went to Howorth’s class after that. The title for today was “vers une capacité militaire européenne?” (toward a European military capacity?). The class ended and I was hungry so I got a Twix from the vending machine. I walked home as I munched on it and bought two baguettes. Once I arrived home, I had a bit of a snack. I had some of the bread with the mousse de canard (smooth duck pâté), campagne (a rougher country pâté that includes other meats), goat cheese and capers. It was a very delicious snack.

After my snack I read for a little while. I got sleepy though and ended up falling asleep in bed. I woke up again around 9:30pm and was hungry again. We made some dinner of pasta with zucchini and a frozen vegetable mix. I read some more for class and tried to prepare for my group. I was going to have to present the reading in class for the 23rd and I wanted to get started on it.

I was in bed reading for class at 3:00am.

No comments: