May 14th Wednesday
Today was the day that Karuna came back from the States. Her flight got in really early so I got up at 8:45am to be ready for when she got into town. I felt extremely tired. I got ready and ate chocolate cereal while I read more Nana.
Adrienne went to the store. She ended up getting some jewelry there because it was on sale. I think she was trying to find good things to distract her from how difficult today might be. We’d asked Karuna to stay with a friend and so when she came back she’d have to pack.
I couldn’t concentrate on any of my class reading and we weren’t hearing from her. I read up through volume 16 in Nana. Finally, in the late afternoon, we heard from Karuna. She called and said that she would be there soon. She arrived with her friend Anne Charlotte whom I met before. Karuna was going to stay with her until the apartment opened up. Anne Charlotte would not stop giving us death glares. All I could think was “You try living with her and putting up with her for 3 months.”
Besides the death glares, we all were polite and kept cool. Anne Charlotte had to leave. I guess she was just the moral support for her. We helped Karuna pack a little and then she was ready to take the bus to her friend’s place. Her bag was insanely giant and heavy so Adrienne helped her get the bag onto the bus and rode with her to the friend’s place. I was too wiped out to go so I stayed home.
I went back into the apartment, glad it was finally over. I read for a bit and then ended up falling asleep around 8pm. I woke up at 9:30pm very confused. Adrienne wasn’t back yet. She came back soon after though. I’d forgotten that Anne Charlotte lives on the 4th floor of an old apartment building and they had to climb up a winding staircase with that bag. Adrienne was a saint for helping that girl.
Adrienne had brought the mail in with her and I’d gotten a postcard from my mom. I made a fun dinner of chicken breast in lemon and capers with corn and rice on the side. After dinner, Adrienne talked to her mom and I got to talk to my parents on Skype. I’d been worrying about today for a long time and it was nice getting to update my parents on the situation. They were glad to hear it had gone fairly well.
I chatted online a bit and then Adrienne and I talked for a while. We couldn’t believe it was finally over. We didn’t have to worry about her randomly showing up in the middle of the night any more. Adrienne and I talked so long that we didn’t get to sleep until around 4:45am. I guess I wasn’t going to go to bed early any time soon. Of course I had had a nap earlier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment