Saturday, May 3, 2008

May 3rd Saturday

After our late night, I didn’t get up until 2:00pm. I was quite shocked to see the time when I got up. I had some chocolate cereal for breakfast.

Adrienne and I discussed the apartment for a while. We talked about the possibility of moving out of our current one into the one that Karuna had shown us. We still weren’t completely sold on the new place but we may at least be interested.

For lunch I fortified myself with some vegetable soup. I watched X-Men episodes online. After lunch, Adrienne and I decided it was time to clean the apartment. We cleaned and waxed the floors as well as cleaned off the desk. After working up that sweat, I went and took a shower.

I talked to my parents on Skype after that. I still enjoy Skype even if the connection isn’t always top. For dinner I made a hamburger patty with cheese on top with some couscous. I accompanied my dinner with another healthy dose of X-Men. I started the Phoenix Saga.

Amanda was going out with some of the Euromasters. I decided to join her. I got ready and took the metro to Rambuteau. We were meeting at Tobias’ house. I’d forgotten my map so I took some time working out my confusion on the different streets. It can be disorienting to pop out of the metro sometimes. I finally made it to Tobias’ place. He came and showed me up. Amanda was happy to see me because it meant that she wasn’t the only girl any more. Aside from Tobias there were Ludo, Emeric, Luis, and Rohan. I was meeting Rohan for the first time. He was one of the Euromasters who was currently studying in Madrid. We hung out at Tobias’ place for a while. The party had already started a while before I got there. Eventually we finally got ready to go out and look for more fun. Tobias’ apartment was near the gay club district. Since three out of the five guys that I was with leaned in that direction it suited us fine. My odds weren’t as good as they appeared.

I liked walking around that district. Men weren’t bothering me because 1) I was surrounded by other people and 2) they just weren’t interested. We started out going to a small club. We made it into the door and into a sea of bodies. The club was sweltering and full of people. We got to press our way through a throng of scantily dressed men toward the bar. The crowd was too ridiculous though so we decided to leave. I was at the tail end of our line and got separated from the group. I had to push and fight my way out to my group of friends waiting on the sidewalk.

Our next club was just as empty as the last was full. We stayed long enough for some to use the toilets upstairs. The upstairs was short enough that Amanda could stand up while I had to crouch down. We left there and members of our group asked around to see where we should go. We finally ended up at a club that was almost next door to Tobias’ place. The man at the door eyed the seven of us before asking “Are all the guys here gay?” The people at the front said “Yes” so he let us in. As we went in, Emeric turned around slightly panicked saying “But I’m not gay! What will happen in there?” It was funny.

This club had an upstairs and downstairs. We went downstairs where it looked like a castle basement lit with colorful lights. The walls were made of large stones. The music was a little better here than in the straight clubs in Paris. Amanda and I had fun dancing while the guys either welcomed or ran away from the other men’s advances.

Eventually, we got tired and decided to head home. Amanda and I left together to go catch the Night bus. I rode with her for a while and got off at the Saint German des Près stop. I walked home from there. It was only about a 15 minute walk. I got home and went to bed around 5:45am.

No comments: