May 13th Tuesday
I woke up a bit after 9am to get ready for class. I was so tired it felt painful. It was agony getting out of bed. I was going to have to stop going to bed so late.
I had a new cereal for breakfast that had dried red berries in it. Quite yummy. We went to our class with Dehousse. The room was extremely hot today. I started feeling nauseous from being so tired and hot. I was glad when the class ended.
Adrienne went home for lunch while Amanda, Casey and I went to the cafeteria to get some lunch. I got a jambon crudité sandwich, a bottle of water and an orange juice. Once we finished eating, Casey and I went to the péniche (front lobby/study area) to charge computers and read for class.
Our second class was at 2:45pm with Jolyon Howorth. This was our first class with him. He is British and speaks French with a slight British accent. He seems entertaining though and quite different from the French professors we’ve had. His class was called La politique européenne de sécurité et de défense : une nouvelle manière de « faire » les relations internationales ? (European security and defense policy: a new way to “do” international relations?) For our first class we reviewed a bit of the history of the ESDP. The class went fairly well except for the fact that Adrienne came back late. When she’d gone home for lunch she lied down and fell asleep. She forgot to set an alarm. I’d called her with my phone under the table to wake her up.
After the class, some of the other students wanted to go out for a drink. We wandered down the Boulevard Saint Germain and ended up at the Café Indiana. It was a Tex-Mex restaurant and bar. I had a glass of blue champagne. It was made with champagne, apricot liqueur, blue liqueur, and a cherry. It was a very pretty drink and delicious too. It was a large group of students and we sat for a little while. Eventually we all drifted off to go get some work done.
The restaurant was right next to the Odéon station where there was often a candy stand set up. I was feeling in a splurging mood so I bought a small bag of candy from the guy. I nibbled on the candy as I made my way back to the apartment. It was quite a walk back.
I made it home and talked with Heidi online for a while before dinner. Dinner ended up being ratatouille and couscous, the most delicious combination ever. After dinner I talked to my parents and then cleaned up the apartment a bit. I was in bed reading around 2am but didn’t sleep until after 3:30am. I’d started reading Nana and was hooked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment